St Bees has road access to both platforms and a listed arts and crafts style signal box. It is a seaside village with a proper promenade, beach ice cream shop and good pubs. It is the start (or end) of the Wainwright Coast to coast walk to Robin Hood’s Bay. The Priory is worth a look with parts dating back to Norman times. Customer information screen here. The West Cumberland Railway Museum at 24 Main Street is generally open 1000-1600 for a week a month. Contact Peter Rooke email@example.com for more details. There is a walk from this station.